Last night's Harvest Moon has us at Dandy Roll feeling in full swing autumn! This Friday we've chosen to recreate a whiskey sour, a staple in citrus-based cocktails, to warm us up for the weekend as the temperatures begin to steadily drop. Our whiskey sour may have a bit longer of a prep time, but with longer nights we can spare a couple more minutes to enjoy a classic cocktail elevated with Portland Syrups unique citrus-passionfruit flavor.
SERVES:// 2 COCKTAILS
PREP TIME:// 5 MIN
- 2 oz of your favorite whiskey
- 2 oz Portland’s Citrus-Passionfruit Syrup
- 4 oz lemon juice (fresh or store-bought!)
- granulated white sugar (enough for rim)
- Lemon (cut into coins)
- Mix all liquids together and sugar in a cocktail shaker overtop ice. Shake well.
- Use lemon juice to wet rim of a rock glass. Pour sugar onto a flat plate and gently roll the rim around in sugar.
- Strain cocktail from shaker and garnish with lemon peel (optional).
While enjoying this drink, you can celebrate the beginning of October with our latest staff playlist.