This week we partnered with Jeff and Meghan at Mavis Wine Co.! They're our new neighbors on 2nd Street here in Rogers, and if you're a local, we highly recommend checking them out. We stopped in a couple weeks ago and purchased several excellently paired bottles, and loved each one.
Today's cocktail is simple, but has a lovely flavor profile; as Meghan pointed out, the prosecco fruit flavors pair fantastically with the heady and herbaceous notes in the bitters. If you're feeling a bold (or just can't find sugar cubes like us), we've also included our sugar dollop recipe as well!
PREP TIME:// 3 MIN (35 MIN if making sugar dollops)
SERVING SIZE:// 1 cocktail
- Bottle of Prosecco (we used Candoni Prosecco)
- 3 dashes of bitters
- 1sugar cube
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp water
- In the bottom of a bowl, add your half cup of sugar.
- Add water and mix until moistened.
- Form dollops on a plate or tray and let rest for 30-60 minutes.
CLASSIC CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL://
- Add 1 sugar dollop at the bottom of a champagne flute.
- 3 dashes of bitters onto the aforementioned sugar cube.
- Top off with champagne or your favorite sparkling wine.
As you drink the cocktail, the sugar cube and bitters dissolve into the drink. Its perfect for company, because you won't have to worry about running out of ice, or too much time mixing drinks. Just pour and enjoy!